Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When You Don't Get Enough Sleep...

It has occured to me that I have let my blogging slide again. Both blogs have been ignored for a few weeks it seems, and all due to the ongoing illness of my household. It al started with me just being plain exhausted, giving up trying to exercise, and dealing with random pains in my body (which I associated with the fibromyalgia and gall bladder issues, and boy was I wrong). I thought nothing of it, but was too run down to blog when I got a chance. Then, B started getting snotty (not snippy....green nose snotty) and coughing slightly. Then, all of a sudden on a Friday evening (about a week and a half ago), B woke up with that barking cough, you know the kind, where you pack everyone up and head to the ER to make sure he can breathe properly and doesn't have bronchitis or croup. Croup it was, and an upper respiratory infection. So a few hours later we were home again, home again, jiggity-jig...or something like that, but no sleep for us. No sleep for a few nights due to the horrible coughing. Me, on the other hand, I was still already exhausted from my bout of whatever was going on. I thought for sure I had an upper respiratory something as well (and I did) which had caused B's spur of illness in the first place, so we made doc appointments for the Monday following. Fast forward a few days.

Sure enough, I was sick. In fact, I have mono. No wonder I have been so darn tired! No wonder my throat and nodes are killing me! It's a miracle any dishes have made it to the dishwasher in a few weeks because I have been so run down my kitchen floor has dirt on it...literally. z-e-r-o--e-n-e-r-g-y. That's me.  So that is where I have been, sitting on my couch and trying to play around with my lil B who is fine and dandy now and poor boy doesn't understand why mommy isn't so energetic. So I am trying hard to chase him around and be happy mommy and play, but I am just overwhelmed right now and having one of those "moments"...you know, the kind where you just want to be anywhere but here (that is, anywhere as long as I am sleeping). I feel bad that I just want to be gone right now, but I have no energy, and haven't really actually slept good in a while, and I am tired. And today I expended more energy than I had by putting up a mirror, putting together a large shelf, making noodles, taking B with daddy to the eye docs, running around the house with B and now cooking dinner...and I am supposed to keep going? Speaking of dinner, I hear the chicken boiling over. All this to say, I have not left and I will be back with more life updates soon, soon as I have a bit more energy. Until then, happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Visit my blog while your resting up. Lots to read on it. I'm a follower of this blog.
    I do hope you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete